Little Woodbatch Market Garden
Little Woodbatch are a family-run business growing fresh, local vegetables on a 1 acre market garden in Bishop's Castle. 2019 is their second growing season.
They grow a variety of veg, including:
- Beetroot, Radishes, turnips
- Lettuce, Spinach, Rocket, Rainbow Chard
- Black Kale, Red Russian Kale and Baby Kale
- Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Aubergines, Courgettes, Squashes
- Salad Onions, Herbs & Chillies
The market garden emerged as a result of years of academic research on sustainability in local food systems. This shaped their vision of what they think a food system should be: they feel that local food should not only be delicious and accessible but can be produced in a way that benefits the environment, community and local economy. As they develop, they are keen to serve the community as an educational tool and a source of healthy, quality, and responsibly produced veg.
Woodbatch, Bishops Castle SY9 5JT